One of the greatest perks of today’s on-the-go technology is the mobile abilities of our techy toys. From smartphones to tablets to laptops, and everything in between, we can do it all, from managing our investment portfolios to watching our favorite sports team in high definition, complete with live-action pause and replay.
When it comes to our favorite sports events, we aren’t confronted so much with the question of what to watch as how to watch it. To embellish a bit on a popular meme, there are a multitude of apps for that, regardless of which sport is your favorite. To help with the decision when selecting an app for soccer fans, take a look at these seven great apps:
- Live Extra app (NBC): If you live in the United States and you’re a fan of a Premier League club, then NBC’s Live Extra app is the go-to app for you. You don’t have to worry about missing a game with this app because it shows all the games live. Highlights and game interviews are usually posted on Mondays. This app is available in a variety of operating devices, including iOS, Android and Windows Phones. You can also get it for Apple TV and Roku.
- ESPN FC: The ESPN brand is a staple for any sports fan, regardless of which game is your favorite. This app is easily customizable, letting you get alerts on all the action. It also tracks MLS teams so you get the breaking news. The ESPN FC app is for Android and iOS devices.
- Team Stream from Bleacher Report: If you’re looking for a visually-appealing app, this one may be for you. It covers all major sports, not just soccer. You can customize this app to get the information you want on the teams you’re interested in. Team Stream is for iOS and Android devices, as well as BlackBerry and can be found on the Amazon app store.
- theScore: If you’re a soccer fan that likes social media integration with your sports apps, theScore app may be for you. This app also gives you the options of customization so you can get alerts on specific players and scores.
- fuboTV: This app is designed to appeal to three specific soccer audiences. First are the soccer fans who don’t have access to beIN SPORTS. FuboTV is a favorite among fans who don’t want a cable or satellite bill, and among fans who want their games mobile via a variety of devices. You can find the fuboTV app for iOS, Android, PC and Mac, Chromecast, Roku and Amazon TV, among others.
- talkSPORT: If the Premier League is where your passion lies, the talkSPORT app is one of the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the action. It brings you live coverage and breaking news. Interviews, debates and post-match analysis of your favorite games lets you keep up with all the action on the EPL. The talkSPORT app is compatible with your iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices.
- Tunein: With this easy-to-use app, you get a monstrous selection of thousands of radio stations. Like podcasts and live audio? It’s all rolled into this one app. You can choose from World Soccer Talk Radio, BBC World Service, talkSPORT, BBC Radio 5 Live and a plethora of other channels that are all soccer, all the time. Tunein is as addictive as it is easy to use.
Whatever your mobile platform or favored device, a simple download of an app for sports fans is all you need to keep up with your games while still going about the business of your life.